Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my day was quite useful...

so for like the first time this summer...my day was productive.

i went downstairs to the church office today to help out and volunteer. i helped type out the schedule for the pastoral/church staff retreat that they're having this week...and man, the schedule my dad made is INTENSE...and i thought that IV conferences had intense schedules...they have like 5 hour discussion sessions...after like a 2 hour lecture and what not. O_O

then, i headed up a floor to asp office, and helped out with making a tentative schedule for sdc. so i admit that im really a big IV product...i wanted to do it as efficiently as possible. and my co-workers were like, its not that simple...but i was it can be!!! -_-" but i ended up doing it the way they do it...just cuz what i had in mind would take too long to explain to them...and it was really hot (no ac in the office...man, definitely NOT looking forward to that all summer long) so i didnt wana talk too much. it took like 2 hours >.<"

then, i finally got a break...cooled down a bit in my room, then i had to go back down to practice...so the other night, my mom was playing the piano (she likes to do that at night) and i was like, its been a long while since i've played with my mom...so i took my violin out and played around accompanying her and stuff. and she was like, thats really good. wana play sunday? i was like..hahahahah....no...but apparently my mom "didnt hear it"...so she calls me and she like, hey, the guy playing piano on sunday is here, i want you to practice with him...O_O? wth!?!? so i had to go back down...and i practiced with the guy. so we're done with the piece, but he needed more practice cuz he's playing for the praise time too...so i was just sitting there and then my dad comes in was like, oh, play for praise time too..O_O??? oh mannn....that means i have to be up for a 8:30am service on sunday T-T wahhhhhhhh

so yeah, after that was done, i went back to the office with the parents...and the guys that were making the handbook for the pastoral retreat were doing it really slow and ineffciently...-_-" at first i was just gona head back up to go home...but standing there watching them, i got really frustrated at how inefficient they were! so i was like...try this, and try that...so i ended helping them do the handbooks...and double checked them to make sure it was done right...finally finished at 10

then came up, mom picked up food for me and my dad, we watched the nba finals while eating, finally for once, i got to say "in YOUR face" to my dad...he's gotten the glory over the last 2 games...COME ON LAKERS!!!

and yeah..thats all for today...

4 comments:

christina said...

yayyy
boaz is playing on sunday!!!
are you playing for english service?

thomas said...

it was good game! i like the celtics too, but yea...go lakers

Josh said...

haha. nice, bo. the things you get yourself into. haha. :D

Katy Ruth said...

yay for iv efficiency!! (although, I don't know if I've quite picked up on it yet. i often take my good sweet time to do things...)