Tuesday, June 24, 2008

i almost cried again...

today, my parents woke me up in the morning cause they wanted to go out, and they wanted me to drive...-_-" so i got up and got ready. my body was hating me. it refused to move in the way i wanted it to and my back was killing me. after being free for 5 weeks, i had no choice but to resort to an energy drink to wake my body up. it tasted pretty bad...iono how i drank that stuff like water during the school year. but it worked...and off we go...

after an afternoon of shopping, we finally came back. i thought about taking a nap, but i couldnt fall asleep (energy drinks are freaking amazing xD) so i ended up going down to the worship team practice room to practice drums cuz im playing this coming sunday. then i came back up and made dinner. tonight, i made steaks. it was quite the yummy =D ...my dad was really impressed, and my mom said i should make dinner every night -_-" but i passed on the opportunity...lol

anyways, so after dinner, i headed back down to the practice room. 10 mins later, my sister comes in along with my parents. then an idea popped in my head. i set up a couple equipments and started teaching my family how to play the respective instruments they knew how to play. we ended up jamming together for like 3 hours. it was freaking AWESOME. after we had finished playing the set i made up, my parents started to laugh. i was a bit confused...but my dad explained that him and my mom were laughing cuz they were happy. they explained that they were able to actually see a future for me. (apparently they were really worried, cuz every time they asked me what i wanted to do, i would reply "i dont know"...but they had faith in God that He will lead me to do something) at first i was like...wth?!?!?! but then i realized how much more i should be aware of my future...even though "im waiting on God on where He wants to lead me"...i still needed a direction. my parents are dropping a LOT of money for me to stay an extra year in school...

so yeah, back to the end of the jam session. as we were cleaning up, my dad and i had a convo that went something like this...

dad: do you really like to do this?
me: do what?
dad: this...playing and singing
me: yeah, i guess so. otherwise i wouldnt be doing it all year round
dad: thats good. its pretty cool...what you're able to do and stuff
me: thanks?

so a few weeks ago (when i wrote "its ok to cry") my dad and i had a convo about my future and stuff...and something i left out on that post was when i was telling my dad why i wanted to be music major. my dad said he couldn't fully support me because he said that this career path would be way to hard, etc. and that really hurt me. cuz all my life my parents had supported me in everything that i did. good or bad (not that they supported my bad behavior...not that i had that many...but that they were still supportive to who i was/am/gona be) and during that part of the convo, my dad was trying to convince me to go back to chemistry and find a future there, and play music as a side thing/hobby. but tonight, i guess my parents saw something different? our convo continued on like this...

dad:
yeah. i can see why you like doing this so much
me: really? why?
dad: cause its fun
me: haha. yeah it is dad. its really fun
dad: yeah. it is. i'll be praying for you then..and we should do this more often

hearing that, it almost...ALMOST...made me wana cry again (why am i being such a big baby??? wth?!?!?!) but yeah, knowing that my parents were gona support me wherever God leads me is an awesome feeling...just cuz having them around would be a huge blessing.

BUT...this still doesnt give me an answer to where God is leading me...so thats still up in the air. so please continue to pray for me =D

okk..im tired...nite-0

3 comments:

Katy Ruth said...

Dear Boaz, regardless of the time of the month, I almost always cry every time i watch the evening news or a movie, read a compelling book, and see the select cambells chicken noodle soup commercial. So that fact that you cried and almost cried at a really touching life events hardly makes you a cry baby. at least, not in comparison. Love, Katy.

schangster said...

haha thats awesome, bo!
i know what you mean though, its so good to have the support of your family.

michelle said...

it's crazy how much the approval of our parents impact us. i'm so glad they see your passion and love for it sir :]