Thursday, June 12, 2008

how i met boaz.

this is christina. i am at boaz's place and so i figured its about time i get to ruin someone else's blog with fictional stories. but then again, the world is infested with enough lies and distorted facts. so lets have some truth.


i dont really remember much about the first time i met boaz. for those of you who dont know, boaz and i are cousins but we never actually got to know each other until he moved out here to new york. i only met boaz once before when my family went to the phillipines to visit his family. his dad had just finished seminary so they got a whole bunch of family to come and celebrate. we went to Mt. Mayon and had a picnic on this huge field. i dont remember much of the day, i just remember that boaz was really annoying. our families kept trying to take pictures of the kids together but boaz for the life of him would never stay still and so it took forever. this is the one good pic we got as we were leaving. but even this one took a while cuz boaz kept trying to stand in front of me and block me from the picture. i was pretty pissed. what a punk. well after that i didnt see or hear about him until my mom told me that their family would be moving to new york, and she had to go searching for pictures cuz i had no idea who they were anymore. she kept telling me to contact boaz or joachebeth to get to know them better since they would be so close now. but i was like errr... awkward....then one day i came home from school and my mom and boaz's mom were talking on the phone. then my mom just shoves the phone in my face and goes "here talk to boaz. they are in new york." the conversation went something like this:


me: uhh hello?
boaz: (long pause)... hi
me: so i hear youre in new york
boaz: yea
me: uhh.. do you like it here?
boaz: i just got here
me: oh..err okay


and then i threw the phone back at my mom. it was kinda weird seeing him at church after that cuz its like one of those im-supposed-to-know-you-but-i-dont-and-thats-quite-okay-with-me sort of situations. it was nice catching up with joachebeth though. she was a lot more pleasant.


well anyway, fast forward a few years and now boaz and i are actually pretty close. he says he doesnt remember being mean to me but thats because he's mean to me every day. all that aside, im glad we're able to spend more time with each other now and im grateful for how he looks out for me so well. kinda makes up for all the years he was a loser. so thats how i met boaz. he'll probably give you a messed up version of the story where he was the sweet and pleasant one and i was the obnoxious jerk, but his perception of reality has always been a bit twisted. so there you have it. and now boaz is playing guitar really loud behind me.

4 comments:

Katy Ruth said...

you and boaz are cousins? like real cousins? i thought your families were from different countries...

Josh said...

umm, i don't believe this story.

Nathan Bixler said...

I don't think I believe this either.

Unknown said...

you guys are COUSINS?! no wayyy. i don't know if i believe this.