Tuesday, May 4, 2010

hi! my name is boaz...

i'm going to be the new intervarsity staff worker at NJIT...O.o

today, i got the chance to walk around NJIT's campus and meet the current president, and the upcoming president of the IV chapter at NJIT. listening to the things they shared about their fellowship...from the excitement they had with events that went well, to the concerns/problems of their fellowship, to things/changes that they want to see happen in the next year...made me realize HOW AWESOME my job is going to be. a year ago at this time, i never thought i'd be saying that. i've known that God has called me to full time ministry...the idea of working as a campus staff worker did cross my mind, but who knew that within a year, i'd find out that campus staff is the place God is calling me...and NJIT is my first/current destination. (i say this because i have absolutely no idea if God is going to have me stay there a while, or move me to different places and what not) regardless of what the long future holds, i know that in the near future, NJIT is going to be the place where I'll have the chance to work with students and bring God's kingdom to the campus of NJIT. to share the story of Jesus and His love for us, to speak of truth and what that means in our lives, and to give the opportunity for the students at NJIT to meet a God that longs for a personal relationship with them. To mobilize the students at NJIT and help raise awareness on the importance of being transformed by God, renewal of our campuses and covenant with God, being missional in the things we say and do, and to live a lifestyle of true worshipers that our Father seeks with students and hopefully with faculty as well. Doesn't that sound super exciting?!?!

in the mean time however, i gota start working on my fund development so i can actually begin my work on campus...but this process is a lot harder than i thought...so i should definitely get started on it...like right now...instead of blogging...lol

so yeah, if you read this and don't get an email from me about funding within 2 days of this post, leave me a message and let me know! i would love to send you my funding letter and have you be a part of my support team =]

No comments: